I didn’t know if I would end up blogging this recipe – mostly because I adapted this recipe so much that I couldn’t be sure of the end result before the cooking time was up! One of my friends brought back a can of Libbys pumpkin from the USA last month and I decided to try out some pumpkin muffins.
- I used sunflower oil, not vegetable oil
- I added in some mixed dried fruit (a couple of good shakes from a 500g bag)
- I didn’t have any ready made pumpkin spice, so improvised with help from this recipe – though I didn’t have cloves or nutmeg, so just substituted these with MORE cinnamon.
- I filled the cases right to the top – giving me 24 hearty muffins
- I adjusted the cooking time – 25 mins at 190c.
Fortunately, these little beauties turned out just fine – a moist batch of muffins perfectly flavoured with just the right amount of spice!